|Photo Credit: The Wandering Angel|
We need to have a work-life balance. Not everything in life is about work. Sometimes we should take the time off to do something else
- enjoy the company of our loved ones
- travel to places we have never been to
- see interesting places
- eat food we have never tasted before
- meet people and learn about different cultures
The Solution is a Travel BudgetCreating a budget for travel is important because:
What you need is to follow some simple guidelines when doing your budget. Be proactive in including budget for travel.
- it will let you know how much you can realistically spend on traveling
- it will help narrow down where you can go and what you can do
- it can give you peace of mind that you are not spending too much thus enjoying your travels better
Make use of these steps as a guide to your own planning.
- Review your budget for the year and find out how much you can really afford for travel purposes. Do not let travel expenses put your other financial needs in jeopardy. Be realistic about it.
- Create a table with categories for the type of expenses you need for travelling. This would include:
- Miscellaneous – souvenirs, buffer, other expense
How To Save on Travel ExpensesPlanning your travel in advance can help a lot to save on expenses.
- You can avail of air fare promos. Although you’d better watch out for this because it can ran out pretty fast.
- Also, booking way in advance would cost a lot less than if you do it near the trip date. Here’s a sampling of domestic airlines available in the Philippines:
- There are also hotel accommodation promos available on group buying sites. These are very popular today. In the Philippines, some of them include the following:
- Tour package promos from airline companies, travel agencies and group buying sites may also offer good deals.
There are a number of ways to save so that you can travel within your allotted budget. You should take advantage of them all as much as you can.
It’s good to enjoy the fruits of your labor once in a while. But don’t spend way too much or it might spoil the pleasure you ought to get from your time off.
Create a realistic travel budget and stick to it!